Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lagoon Center Comment

I think the design is great and whether it was a response to my comment or not, as a dermatologist I appreciate that the narrative said that there will be some shaded areas for viewing. I would also suggest that a sign suggesting protection by means of sunscreens and clothing are appropriate. Cowboys and caballeros wore cowboy hats and sombreros respectively, giving them coverage to their faces and necks and ears. They knew something our baseball cap wearing population seems to have forgotten.

I also was pleased that there are plans for reestablishing the native habitat, changed (eliminated for the most part) by the development of the area. However it does not look like the area southwest of the visitors' center has any plans for reintroduction of foliage destroyed when Interstate 5 and the Albertson's shopping center were built. Since it is a beautiful walk, run or bike from the visitors center all the way to the beach, and the foliage does not improve until you are on the west side of I-5, I suggest foliage to the area just east of I-5 would be welcome.

Thank you for asking for the community input.

Robert Scheinberg, MD
Dermatologist Medical Group of North County

No comments:

Post a Comment